Are you looking for a new recipe to use up all of those hard boiled eggs from Easter? Well, look no further, these avocado deviled eggs will really make an impression with your family!
Gino shared this recipe with us today–yes, I realize that he is our fashion correspondent, but sometimes he comes up with a good recipe. With no further ado, here is Gino’s recipe for Avocado Deviled Eggs:
Avocado Deviled Eggs
8 hard boiled eggs
2 avocados, ripe
1 small lime
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon sour cream
1 green onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
– Peel the shells of the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
– Spoon out the egg yolks and place in a small dish. Place the egg white halves on a platter.
– Crumble half of the egg yolks in a small mixing bowl with your fingers. Save the remaining yolks for another day.
– Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and the skin, then cut into small cubes. Add to the mixing bowl with the egg yolks.
– Add the salt, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and sour cream to the bowl. Juice the lime over the mix.
– Mix well with a fork until blended, but still chunky.
– Fill each of the egg halves with a dallop of the avocado mixture.
The Avocado Deviled Eggs only lasted about 5 min! I used the remaining bit of the mixture for an avocado egg salad sandwich, using whole wheat toast with swiss cheese. Yum!