Well, we did it! We followed this series ‘How to Sell House Fast!’ and not only did we sell our house, but we sold it fast! Now that we have packed up and moved our belongings, it is time to prepare the house for the new owners. It needs a top to bottom clean (consider following the steps in Deep Clean Inside). This is how you want to walk into your new house, so be considerate of your buyers and leave the house spotless!
You may also want to leave a Welcome Basket for the new owners. Here are a few ideas to include in the basket:
1. Owner’s Manuals: As you pack your belongings, keep a stack of owner’s manuals. These should include any appliances, audio/video system, sprinkler system, and other items included in the contract. If you have the original receipts or warranties, staple them to the manuals.
2. Neighborhood Details: Include a copy of your neighborhood magazine and neighborhood contacts. It is a great idea if you send a message to your neighborhood association to let them know of the new home owners. It would also be nice if you make a list of the immediate neighbors with their email addresses.
3. Favorite Neighborhood Haunts: Collect to-go menus from your favorite neighborhood restaurants and bars. It will be fun for the new owners to work their way through the stack.
4. Service Contact List: It is always great to have a pre-tested list of service personnel. Leave the names and numbers of your plumber, electrician, gardener, dog sitter, etc.
5. Special Items: Add a few utility and fun items in the basket. I included hand soap, sanitary wipes, and a bottle of champagne.
Congratulations on making it through the full series of How to Sell House Fast! Next week we will have a round-up including ‘Lessons Learned’ through this process. If you are interested in the entire series, you can find the ‘How to Sell House Fast’ series here. Don’t forget to ‘pin’ this post so you have it available for when you are a ready to sell your house!