The holiday season always gets me in the mood for baking. Growing up, my family would spend a week baking and would deliver trays of sweet confections to our friends and neighbors. I started the annual baking fun this past weekend with one of my favorite oatmeal recipes, pumpkin spice oatmeal cookies!
You are going to love these oatmeal cookies. They are thin, but chewy and just the perfect balance of sweet and savory. The addition of the pumpkin spice flavors really makes these cookies taste like the holidays.
I used my standby oatmeal cookie recipe, but doubled the cinnamon and added pumpkin spice and chips. You can do the same with your favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, or use mine below. Either way, you are going to love them!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cup Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oats
11 oz pumpkin spice chips
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a hand mixer until creamy.
3. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
4. Stir in the Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oats, 1 cup at a time, then stir in the pumpkin spice chips.
5. Roll cookie dough into a log of saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (or over night).
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet pans with parchment paper.
7. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and cut into slices with a sharp knife. Place slices on a cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to brown.
8. Allow cookies to cool slightly (about 2 minutes) on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat until all cookies are baked.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
You can find the limited edition Quaker Oats Winter Canister only at Target in the hot cereal aisle. Let me know how your cookies turn out!
#QuakerUp #MyOatsCreation #CollectiveBias