Our 4th of July pool party is just around the corner, so we are starting on early party prep activities. We decided to kick-up the standard jello shots with new-and-improved patriotic jello shots. We just love how they turned out!
The two-toned red and blue turned out perfectly and the addition of the whipped cream added a bit of whimsy. They took a little bit longer than standard jello shots, but are totally worth it.
Patriotic Jello Shots
(1) 3 oz. package berry blue Jello-O
(1) 3 oz. package cherry Jello-O
1 liter vodka, chilled
36 plastic shot glasses
1. Place shot glasses on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Pour berry blue Jello-O into a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Place 8 ice cubes in a 1 cup measuring cup. Fill to top with chilled vodka.
4. Heat 1 cup of water in the microwave. (In my microwave, I heat on high for 90 seconds.)
5. Pour hot water into the bowl over Jello-O. Whisk until fully dissolved.
6. Add ice/vodka mixture to bowl. Whisk until ice is melted and liquids are incorporated.
7. Pour mixture into plastic shot glasses, up to the half-way point.
8. Place baking sheet, with partially filled shot glasses, in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
9. Repeat steps 2-8 with the cherry Jell-O.
10. Just before serving, top with whipped cream.
Makes approximately 3 dozen Patriotic Jell-O shots. Jell-O shots last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.