I am embarrassed to say that I have not made this peanut butter dog treat recipe in years. But while I was in Arizona, dog sitting for my sister, I decided to pull the recipe out of the archive file.
This recipe comes from one of my college BFF’s, Buffy. Buffy was the first person I knew who had an eBay store (many, many years ago). This was one of the recipes from her homemade dog treat business. Now I don’t want to say that she started the whole ‘gourmet dog treat’ phenomenon…but she might have!
As you can see, Casey and Cooper are quite taken with these treats. My guess is that your dogs will be too!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, wisk the peanut butter, honey, and hot water until smooth. Gradually add the dry mixture and mix well. Note: Add a little more water if the dough is too dry or flour if it is too wet.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Check out our Sweet Potato dog treat recipe too!